Thursday 1 May 2014

April 2014 Music Haul

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start a new monthly thing where I'd share my musical related purchases each month. Here is my haul for April 2014!

8th April 2014





















I decided to purchase Now That's What I Call Music! 87 to add to my collection of very many. I purchased it the day after release for I believe about £12.99 from Tesco. It's a pretty decent album with tracks such as She Looks So Perfect (5SOS), Dark Horse (Katy Perry) & Ready For Your Love (Gorgon City ft. MNEK) on DISC 1, and Wizard (Martin Garrix), I Got U (Duke Dumont ft. Jax Jones) & Move (Little Mix) on DISC 2 being some of the soundtrack up to spring. There were also some notable omissions though such as Rather Be (Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne) and a few duds on the album such as Dibby Dibby Sound (DJ Fresh vs. Jay Fay & Ms Dynamite), Dr Who! (Tujamo & Plastik Funk ft. Sneakbo) and I'm a Freak (Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull). It'll make the soundtrack to car journeys interesting for the next couple of months!

13th April 2014




















That's Entertainment were doing a deal for 3 for £5 for certain albums, and they stocked quite a few nows so I decided to get this one. This edition is from 1998 and my highlights are Viva Forever (Spice Girls), Save Tonight (Eagle Eye Cherry), Teardrop (Massive Attack) and Four Lions '98 (Badiel & Skinner & the Lightning Seeds).






















Like NOW 40, this was part of the 3 for £5 deal of CDs I thought I'd go for at That's Entertainment. This edition is from 1999 and is the biggest selling album of the now series, with over 2 million copies sold. My personal favourites are ...Baby One More Time (Britney Spears), Mi Chico Latino (Geri Halliwell) and Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer).



















This was the third album I decided to get for the 3 for £5 deal at That's Entertainment for the day. This edition was released in 2001 and my personal favourites on it are It Wasn't Me (Shaggy), Clint Eastwood (Gorillaz) and What Took You So Long? (Emma Bunton).




I'd been wanting a physical copy of this album for AGES after listening to it for years on YouTube. I found it in HMV for £3.99 and decided to get it! It was released in 2005 and Feel Good Inc. & Dirty Harry are my favourites.





















Like Demon Days, I wanted a physical copy of this album too, and also found it for HMV but for the more expensive price of £5.99. It was released in 2010 and my favourites from it are Stylo, On Melancholy Hill & Rhinestone Eyes.






















I had been wanting a Beatles shirt for a while as they are my favourite band of all time, but most I came across tended to be too expensive. However, I came across this for only £8 in Primark and just had to have it!

15th April 2014























My previous iPod was the exact same as this one (As a present from Christmas 2012) but sadly it went in the wash as it was still in my jeans pocket so my parents offered to pay for a new one, which I was delighted at. Annoyingly though, about a week later, my old one began to work again, so that now belongs to my brother (albeit, with a black case on!) I love the design of the 7th gen iPods!

17th April 2014















So I decided to enter the competition that @officialcharts always run on a Friday, and the question was how many #1's did Lady Gaga have in 2009? I somehow managed to be chosen as one of the two winners (I must be lucky at the moment, after winning Britney Jean album last month too!) and the official charts company sent me two chart notepads and pens! Loving them.

19th April 2014






















I decided to go to a car boot sale on this day and this was one of the first NOW albums I found, it was only 50p! It was released in 2000 and my favourites from it are 7 Days (Craig David), Pure Shores (All Saints) and Kernkraft 400 (Zombie Nation) amongst a lot more!





















This was another now that I managed to find at the car boot sale for only 50p too! It was released in 2001 and my highlights from it are Can't Get You Out of My Head (Kylie Minogue), If You Come Back (Blue) & Let's Dance (Five). I'm loving the artwork for this one also!




















Yet ANOTHER Now album I managed to pick up at the car boot sale for just 50p! This edition was released in 2002 and my highlights from it are: Freak Like Me (Sugababes), Love At First Sight (Kylie Minogue) & Just a Little (Liberty X).






















This was the fourth and final album I managed to pick up at the car boot sale, but unlike the other three, this one was £1! Still dead cheap though. This edition was released in 2002 and my highlights are: Heaven (DJ Sammy), Little By Little (Oasis) & In My Place (Coldplay). 

So that's it for last month! As you probably noticed, it was very NOW heavy, but that's because I am trying to collect all the missing 40's, 50's & 60's ones that I don't already have, due to a serious love of 2000's music. Anyway, hope you enjoyed.

- Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment